Astaxanthin (Japanese Patent technology, vegan friendly)
One of the PUREST and MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS Available!
- Formulated with 6mg of the patented high-grade ingredient AstaREAL®
- Promotes optimal cardiovascular health & function
- Supports healthy vision & skin, blood flow & muscular endurance
- Effectively combats free radicals at the cellular level
- An extremely powerful anti-aging antioxidant in terms of the organs and systems they support
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Promotes healthy blood flow to and from the heart, supporting the body’s delivery of nutrients & removal of wastes
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels by helping to maintain normal serum triglycerides & HDL (good) cholesterol levels
- Protects LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidative stress, which promotes healthy arteries
- Supports muscle endurance & performance by protecting skeletal muscle from oxidative stress generated by physical activity
- Promotes healthy skin by improving skin moisture & helping to maintain skin elasticity
- Helps reduce the occurrence of occasional eye fatigue
- Helps to prevent oxidative stress in the eye
- Supports healthy blood flow in the eye, promoting nourishment for the eye & helping to maintain proper eye function
- Supports healthy visual focus
Astaxanthin (AstaReal ® P2 AF 2%)(6 mg) Astaxanthin is a carotenoid that gives the reddish pigment to salmon, crab, krill and lobster. It is known for its powerful antioxidant effects and has been shown to be a superior free radical quencher when compared to other antioxidants like vitamin C, coenzyme Q10 and green tea. Astaxanthin’s unique structure includes long chains which allow it to cover the cell membrane and provide antioxidant protection in all layers, whereas other antioxidants are more limited.
The Japanese are the top consumers of food containing astaxanthin and also have high incidences of heart health among developed countries. In addition, a growing body of scientific evidence points to a strong link between natural astaxanthin and cardiovascular health. There have been 30 cardiovascular-specific research publications, including 10 clinical studies, investigating possible benefits of astaxanthin on both blood lipid levels and blood vessels. These studies have shown that astaxanthin helps maintain normal levels of HDL and triglycerides when consumed orally. Three recent clinical studies support astaxanthin’s ability to help maintain healthy blood vessels. Other recent human studies indicate that astaxanthin supports cardiovascular health. A series of human studies suggest that astaxanthin helps maintain healthy blood pressure by promoting healthy blood flow and vascular tone. Astaxanthin supports cardiovascular health in several ways.
In addition to its effects on cardiovascular health, astaxanthin promotes healthy visual accommodation and retinal capillary blood flow. The exact mechanism by which astaxanthin supports vision is unknown, though some believe that by promoting blood flow to the ciliary body, it provides nourishment for the ciliary muscles. Astaxanthin is also believed to work by promoting normal NF-kB activation by oxygen radicals, which may explain how it helps to alleviate occasional eye fatigue.